Hello Kindergarten Families,
Yesterday was a pretty rough day. I heard about the tragedy in Conn. right after your children had been picked up for the day. I sat in my car and had a good cry before heading home. I want you to know how much I love your children. I couldn't help but think of them yesterday. My heart aches for the innocent lives that were taken.
In light of this terror, I will be keeping my outside door locked, except when we are at recess, so you'll need to come through a main door to get access to our room. I need my parent volunteers, even those for home reading books, to check-in at the office and get a tag before coming to our classroom. I've been fairly lenient about it in the past, since I know all of you and trust all of you, but by getting your tag, other teachers in the school will know that you are accounted for as well. Please come talk to me if you have any concerns or questions. I am here to help.
Thank you for helping me keep our Kindergartners safe, and for trusting me every day with them. It is a privilege that I do not take lightly. Give them all a big hug for me this weekend, and let them know that I'm thinking of them.
I hope that we can all be a positive light in this dark time.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Beirdneau
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment