Class Activation Code: GXMVQ

Monday, September 17, 2012

Pictures!

Last week we worked on Writing numbers 0-10, and recording amounts that we had counted. We talked about how there are more ways then just numbers to show how many of something there is, such as tally marks, drawing a picture, or another representation with "X"es, checks, etc. In the pictures below the students have counted the tiles in their cups and are thinking of a way to record that amount on their paper. (If you click on the pictures you'll be able to see a clearer, larger version)
 

 I have the students cover their eyes when I pull out our letter of the day book, because it's written really big on the cover, and I want them to guess from the words and sounds in the book, what our letter is without seeing it. Here they are just uncovering their eyes to read the book with me.

We've also had a helper in our class. I refer to him as my volunteer TA because he's there all day everyday. He's been a life saver with Kindergarten having their aids cut. He's allowed us to do lots of small group work, and give the children more individualized attention. His name is Mr. Brewer and he's a dad of one of our Kindergartners. If you meet him, please give him a big thank you! In the picture below he's reading our letter of the day book to the kiddos.
I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Mrs. Taylor (our Kindergarten neighbor) took these for us last week. Thank you Mrs. Taylor!

1 comment:

Jess said...

What cute little kindergartners! Thanks for the update and pictures!